What Really is Matcha Tea?
Many people are used to grabbing a cup of coffee or tea, but have you ever tried Matcha tea to relax your mind? You may be wondering what kind of game is that. No, it is not a match rather it is a beverage drink. Have you ever hated or resisted something because of its appearance and it never seemed sweet to you only to taste it later and become sorry for missing out for all that time? This incredible Japanese powdered green tea called Matcha is one of those stimulants you have been missing for years and when you taste it once you will never let it go. But what is this Matcha tea?
Matcha literally means powdered tea. Matcha is a kind of unique type of powdered green tea that is usually grown and mostly produced in Japan. During the last weeks of their growth, these green leaves are shaded from the sun so as to form that perfect chlorophyll that gives it that green color. It is later grounded carefully by hand to produce a very fine powder which is bright green. This powder can be used to brew an antioxidant-rich frothy in the name of matcha green tea.
Different from the other types of teas you are used to, this matcha powder is not strained out before using it, which means you consume the whole leaf thus making matcha tea more powerful than all other varieties of tea. You just use a little of it, a half teaspoon is enough to make a cup of super matcha tea. Matcha dates back to Tang dynasty in China where it was powdered and then dried into bricks which people could break small pieces and stir it into the hot water, which eventually resulted into green tea. Later, Japanese came up with the idea of using it in powder form. What are the health benefits of Matcha tea?
Health Benefits of Matcha Tea
Why do many doctors recommend Matcha for a great healthy body? Well. This is because of its nutritional value on your body. Before you know the benefits of Matcha tea, let’s see some of its facts:
- One serving of Matcha is nutritionally equal to around 10 cups or regularly made of green tea
- You ingest the whole leaf and acquire 100% of the nutrients
- Matcha powdered green tea has 137 times more antioxidants than the normally brewed tea
- One cup of Match is equivalent to 10 cups of the brewed green tea
The following are the health benefits of taking Matcha:
- It boosts metabolism and burns up calories – by burning calories, it reduces your body weight
- It calms your mind and relaxes the whole of your body
- It improves your mood and helps you to concentrate
- It prevents disease-causing organism to infect your body
- It lowers levels of cholesterol and blood sugar
- It is rich in fiber and various vitamins like vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, selenium etc.
- It is a good natural detoxifier because of the chlorophyll in it
How Do You Prepare Matcha Tea?
Preparing & drinking Matcha tea in Australia is as simple as preparing a cup of coffee, so it should not make you worry much. Follow the following steps:
#Step 1: Add one to two teaspoons of Matcha powder into your mug or cup
#Step 2: Add little water that is already at boil
#Step 3: Use a spoon to stir vigorously until the tea becomes frothy
#Step 4: Add more of hot water to loosen the mixture and stir. Adjust Matcha to suit your preferred taste
#Step 5: Enjoy your Matcha teaRead More